A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)|
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
Appearance and Character
Lyle is big and strong with a booming voice. Ser Jaime Lannister regards him as one of the strongest living men in Westeros when thinking of who could match him in a fight. Cersei Lannister considers him an oaf of a knight.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Ser Lyle attends the wedding of King Tommen Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell. Stepping out of the sept with the newlyweds, Lyle makes a booming announcement saying that Westeros has two queens now and that the young one is as beautiful as the old one. Cersei Lannister feels like slapping Lyle, who often reminds the queen of her late and unlamented husband, Robert Baratheon. Lyle remains in King's Landing after the wedding. Ser Jaime Lannister spots him training at quintain and cracking its shield in the yard of the Red Keep.
Lyle is a part of the force led by Jaime to aid in the capture of Riverrun. During the party's stop at Hayford, Lyle is among those invited to the supper within the castle. At Harrenhal Lyle tells Pia that she will now be protected. At Darry he is once again invited to supper within the castle where he offers his opinions about smallfolk who lie to their lords. He pledges to Mariya Darry and Amerei Frey he will return to Darry once the siege at Riverrun is over to kill Sandor Clegane.
No one will hurt you now.
- Lyle to Pia
- Lyle at the Riverrun war council
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Lyle Crakehall.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 21, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 12, Daenerys I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.