Master of horse
The master of horse is a position in a castle household, usually occupied by a lownborn man. The master of horse oversees the training and breeding of horses. He has authority over stableboys.
After reaching majority and beggining to rule in his own right, King Jaehaerys I Targaryen replaced the Red Keep's master of horse.
Lord Ashford's master of horse refused to buy Sweetfoot from Ser Duncan the Tall, but he referred the young knight to Henly who purchased her.
A Game of Thrones
Hullen is a member of the party that discovers the direwolves in the snow.
Hullen is a part of the entourage accompanying Lord Eddard Stark south when he is named Hand of the King by King Robert I. Upon his departure, he gives up the position of master of horse, he is replaced by Joseth.
Joseth trains Dancer so that Bran Stark can have the ability to ride again.
A Clash of Kings
When Bran and Rickon Stark disappear, Joseth is forced to join Theon Greyjoy's search party.
His fate following the sack and burning of Winterfell by Ramsay Snow is unknown. However, as Ramsay takes the women and children of Winterfell back to the Dreadfort, it is likely Joseth died during the sack.
Known masters of horse
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 37, Bran V.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 14, Catelyn III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 50, Theon IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.