Merling King (god)
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The Merling King or merling king is a god associated with places near the narrow sea.
Ursula Upcliff of Witch Isle, who is said to have been a sorceress, called herself bride of the Merling King during the coming of the Andals to the Vale.
The Velaryons claim they received the Driftwood Throne from the Merling King to conclude a pact.
There is a statue of the god commonly visited by sailors in the House of Black and White in Braavos, and the Merling King is a Braavosi galley named after him.
There is a rock formation in Blackwater Bay called the spears of the merling king.
The helm of Ser Marlon Manderly of White Harbor depicts the head of the merling king.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 5, Davos I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.