Owls are birds of prey similar to real-life owls. They are known for their eyesight and can attack ravens.
The arms of House Mertyns depict a white great horned owl on grey, and Ser Michael Mertyns was known as the White Owl. Three grey owls are included in the arms of House Garner.
One of the named hours is called the hour of the owl.
Skinchangers who have entered the minds of owls can lose their connection to the earth and instead only want to fly.
The sharp-eyed Mya Stone likes to say her mother was an owl.
A Game of Thrones
Will hears the hoot of a snow owl before Others attack Ser Waymar Royce in the haunted forest.
Bran Stark is familiar with an ancient owl which sleeps in the dusty loft above the old armory of Winterfell.
While on the kingsroad south of Mole's Town, Jon Snow notices an owl taking flight.
A Storm of Swords
As they travel through the northern mountains, Bran and his companions hear owls hoot and observe them fly silently through pine trees.
A Dance with Dragons
Masks worn by shavepates in Meereen depict owls, jackals, and other beasts.
On a clear night like this, the moon and the stars are enough. Mychel says I have the eyes of the owl.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 34, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 66, Bran VII.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Stormlands
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Prologue.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Prologue.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 8, Bran II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 70, Jon IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.