Sea Dragon Tower
Sea Dragon Tower is a tower at Dragonstone.
The maester's chambers are located high atop Sea Dragon Tower. The room has a long wooden table. Steep iron steps lead up to the rookery, and beneath the rookery stair is a workroom with the maester's potions. Gargoyles of a hellhound and a wyvern are found at the balcony outside the chamber.
After three days of labor in her apartments in Sea Dragon Tower, Rhaenyra Targaryen gave birth to the stillborn Visenya. After King Aegon II Targaryen fed Rhaenyra to Sunfyre during the Dance of the Dragons, her ladies-in-waiting were confined to the tower's cells to await ransom.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
While Pylos is teaching sums to Edric Storm, Davos arrives at Sea Dragon Tower with Ser Rolland Storm, Ser Gerald Gower, Ser Andrew Estermont, Ser Triston of Tally Hill, and Lewys the Fishwife. The king's men take Edric from Dragonstone so that he cannot be given to Melisandre's fires.
Castles are not friendly places for the frail, Cressen was reminded as he descended the turnpike stairs of Sea Dragon Tower.—thoughts of Cressen
The towers were dragons hunched above the walls or poised for flight; the Windwyrm seemed to scream defiance, while Sea Dragon Tower gazed serenely out across the waves.—thoughts of Davos Seaworth
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 63, Davos VI.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.