Taking of Ashemark
|Taking of Ashemark|
|Conflict||War of the Five Kings|
The taking of Ashemark in the westerlands is a Stark victory that follows the decisive victory at the Battle of Oxcross.
Sensing a need to attack, Robb Stark, the new King in the North, takes his army from the riverlands into the westerlands. Circumventing the border castles near the Golden Tooth, they soundly defeat the new Lannister army forming at Oxcross.
The combined army of Robb Stark takes several castles of the westermen, including the castle of Ashemark, the seat of House Marbrand. Grey Wind, Robb's direwolf, slays a man during the taking of the castle. It is unknown if Lord Damon Marbrand is taken captive.
Robb Stark continues plundering the westerlands, moving onto the Crag. After learning that Stannis Baratheon now holds Storm's End, Catelyn Tully has Maester Vyman send a raven from Riverrun to Ashemark, hoping that a rider can then be sent to inform Robb of Stannis.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Houses Flint of Flint's Finger, Hornwood, Manderly & Mollen are not directly mentioned at this battle. However as they were all a part of Robb's host that took part in the earlier battles at the Whispering Wood and the Camps, and as Robb takes most of his host with him into the westerlands, it can be assumed these houses were present with Robb throughout his westerlands campaign as well.
- ↑ House Flint of Widow's Watch is not directly mentioned at this battle. However as they were a part of Robb's host that gathered in the North, it can be assumed they were present at subsequent battles in the riverlands and westerlands.
- ↑ House Slate is not directly mentioned at this battle. However it is stated by Lady Dustin in A Dance with Dragons that the Slates campaigned in the riverlands & westerlands with Robb Stark. Therefore it can be assumed that Slates were present at this battle.
- ↑ Smalljon Umber is present with Robb later on at the Crag, which suggests a portion of House Umber is with Jon throughout his campaign in the westerlands, including at Ashemark, rather than with the Greatjon.
- ↑ House Frey is not directly mentioned at this battle. However as the Freys were part of Robb's host at Oxcross, it can be assumed they are present with Robb at Ashemark.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 46, A Ghost in Winterfell.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 32, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.