The Tor is the seat of House Jordayne in Dorne. It is located on the southern shore of the Sea of Dorne, north of the Scourge.
Prior to Nymeria's War, the Tor was the seat of kings from House Jordayne.
During the First Dornish War, the steward of the Tor surrendered the castle to King Aegon I Targaryen since Lord Jordayne had recently died. The Tor was quickly recaptured by Dornishmen after Aegon returned to King's Landing, however. Visenya Targaryen unleashed the dragonflame of Vhagar on the Tor after Dornishmen attacked Cape Wrath.
Morion Martell, Prince of Dorne, gathered his army to the Tor and Ghost Hill in preparation for the Fourth Dornish War, but King Jaehaerys I Targaryen destroyed Morion's fleet as it crossed the Sea of Dorne.
A Feast for Crows
Myria Jordayne, Lady of the Tor, hosts games at the castle to delay Ser Balon Swann during his journey to Sunspear.
Behind the Scenes
The Tor is named by George R. R. Martin in reference to Tor, the publisher of Robert Jordan, who is the namesake of House Jordayne.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Map of the South
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Andals Arrive.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.