Tourney for King Viserys I's accession
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The tourney for King Viserys I's accession was held at Maidenpool in 104 AC. It honored King Viserys I Targaryen, who had recently succeeded King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
The twenty-two-year-old Ser Criston Cole defeated Prince Daemon Targaryen, the brother of Viserys, in the melee by knocking aside Dark Sister with his morningstar. He then gave the victor's laurel to the seven-year-old Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and asked to wear her favor in the lists. Criston subsequently became a favorite at court and joined the Kingsguard the following year taking the slot left vacant by the death of Ser Ryam Redwyne.
- Ser Criston Cole won the melee, his final opponent being Prince Daemon Targaryen.
- Ser Criston Cole defeated Prince Daemon Targaryen.
- Ser Criston Cole defeated Ser Arryk Cargyll.
- Ser Criston Cole defeated Ser Erryk Cargyll.
- Lord Lymond Mallister defeated Ser Criston Cole.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.