|Born||In 250 AC, Casterly Rock|
|Died||In or after 285 AC|
|Spouse||Lady Darlessa Marbrand|
Ser Tygett Lannister, called Tyg by his family, was a knight from House Lannister.
Tygett was a man of considerable prowess in battle. He had a stormy relationship with his elder brother, Tywin, resenting living in Tywin's shadow. Regardless, Tygett was kind to Tywin's second son, Tyrion.
Born as the fourth of Lord Tytos Lannister's children by Lady Jeyne Marbrand, Tygett was the third of four brothers. Tyg always felt he was living in the shadow of his eldest brother, Tywin, with whom he always had a difficult relationship.
Tygett fought in the War of the Ninepenny Kings in 260 AC, killing a man during his first battle and three more later in the war, including a knight of the Golden Company. Although Tywin and Kevan earned knighthoods from the war, ten-year-old Tygett was too young to earn his spurs. His courage and skill was remarked upon, however. According to a semi-canon source, Tygett served as a squire when Tywin suppressed the revolt of Houses Tarbeck and Reyne in 261 AC. Tygett was eventually knighted.
At sixteen, Tygett visited the Free Cities on his coming of age tour.
By 270 AC, King Aerys II Targaryen had come to disregard Tywin, his Hand of the King. When Tywin tried to name Tygett as the master-at-arms at the Red Keep, the king instead chose Ser Willem Darry.
Tygett and his younger brother Gerion were unhorsed by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen during the tournament in honor of Viserys's birth at Lannisport in 276 AC.
When young Tyrion Lannister asked for a dragon as a present for his nameday, Tygett upset his nephew by explaining that dragons died out a century before.
Tygett was married to Darlessa Marbrand, with whom he had one son, Tyrek. Tygett eventually died of a pox.
A Clash of Kings
Tygett's son, Tyrek Lannister, disappears during the riot of King's Landing.
A Feast for Crows
During the siege of Riverrun, Genna Lannister mentions that Ser Jaime Lannister fights like his uncle.
I want Tyrek found, alive or dead. He's no more than a boy. Son to my late uncle Tygett. His father was always kind to me.
It was hard for all my brothers. That shadow Tywin cast was long and black, and each of them had to struggle to find a little sun. Tygett tried to be his own man, but he could never match your father, and that just made him angrier as the years went by.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 See the Tygett Lannister calculation
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Tygett Lannister.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 41, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The World of Ice & Fire: The Westerlands (unabridged). georgerrmartin.com
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 8, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 5, Tyrion II.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.