Nightsong is the seat of House Caron. The formidable castle is located in the Dornish Marches in the southwestern stormlands, north of the Prince's Pass and the Red Mountains. The castle is known for its Singing Towers.
Maester Yandel states the Carons have held Nightsong for many centuries and the castle guarded the western border of the domain of the Storm Kings of House Durrandon, but also that the Kingdom of the Reach once included western marches from Horn Hill to Nightsong. Records indicate the castle has been besieged at least 37 times in the last millenium. Nightsong was burned by Lord Fowler during the First Dornish War.
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Nightsong.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Men of the Stormlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne Against the Dragons.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.